Sunday 21 September 2014

Wedding Bells: "All Shades of Pink"

Hey guys, how you doing? Look, it's another post about a wedding! If you live in Lagos you know that there's at one wedding every single weekend that you could attend and so I'm sure you're not surprised that I've been to another one recently! I don't make it a habit of going to weddings where I don't know the couple though, what's the point? It's someone's special day, why be there when I know I really couldn't care less. As sweet as party rice is, is it ever that deep?

Warning: This post is quite picture heavy.

This wedding was the elder sister of one of my best friend's, Tomi. Remember her from Salford and Solita? It was on a Saturday and at drinks on Friday night, I was told I shouldn't dare trying to do my make-up myself *sigh* so I grudgingly got up early in the morning to head to hers and get my make up done professionally. The make-up artists wasn't my all time favourite EEDA this time but another girl called Sara, she seemed very nervous and inexperienced at first but she ended up doing a great job. Here's the only close up I took before I got dressed, it was more out of boredom and waiting than anything else.

I really like that she got my natural eyebrow shape.
The wedding colours were "all shades of pink" and so I opted for this dress from Monsoon that I wore to my mum's 50th a while ago. I didn't get dressed alone though and although the whole house was a complete madhouse with no less than twenty girls getting ready, we all managed to make it out alive and looking fabulous no less. By the time we were all ready we were about 3 hours behind schedule but of course we had to take pictures before we left!

The dress was slightly too big and that made me SO happy, bootcamp has been paying off! Lol
Starring Jen as "The Lady in Red".
Ayo looking flawless in orange!
I love how we all ended up wearing really bold solid colours, it was completely unplanned but really made all the pictures look so bright and colourful!



As the bride came down the stairs I tried to steal a quick snap of her and Tomi who was missing all the photo fun because she had to play the role of Chief Brides slave maid. You can already tell that they both look fab can't you?


I got a slightly better picture of the bride when she was posing with all her adoring bridesmaids. Don't you just love her dress?

The dress and veil were just to die for and I loved that she wore her hair half up, half down not the usual intricate bun that you see. It just made it feel more fun and more 'her'.


I took one last selfie before we all swooped into cars and rode to the venue which was the Grand Ballroom in Oriental Hotel.
You can see the jewellery a little more clearly here
The venue for the Civil Ceremony was beautifully decorated, Oriental is generally a very grand hotel and the decorators played with that and really made everywhere come alive.





I got in a cheeky shot of Tomi when she was finally standing still for more than 30 seconds!

The ceremony was very brief and included the signing of the marriage registry and lighting of unity candles by members of both families and afterwards we were ushered downstairs to the ballroom to be seated and were greeted by this lady whose skirt was giving out champagne! Haha. Rose of course, to keep to theme pink theme.

I know it's blurry but I just couldn't leave it out. I LOVED this idea.
When I walked into the ballroom I was gobsmacked! Like literally had the wind taken out of me by how beautiful it all was but not only that, it looked like the wedding of my dreams! Haha. Whoever knows me knows that pink is my favourite colour but when I want to avoid looking too girly I default to purple. The hall was a pink lover's heaven AND she had incorporated two of my favourite things, candles and butterflies!
The bride and grooms seat for the day. Ignore the pink tutu please..
Some of the centre pieces...


tea lights always add a touch of romance to the room.
A 'sweets' table which literally had everything from candy floss to peppermints to maoms all in pink of course!


But my favourite part of the decor had to be this elevated aisle right in the middle leading up to were the bride and groom were seated. With well over a thousand guests, it divided the room nicely into the agbalagbas and the young ones as well as made sure that whenever the bride and groom were on the move, they were the centre of attention.

Who said the groom can't be funky on the day and still look classy? #redbottoms
After a whole lot of eating and even more dancing and drinking, we defaulted to doing what we do best, taking pictures!
Finally you get to see the full length of Tomi's dress and all the details, isn't it beautiful? She looked so amazing I could cry for joy! Lol. Needless to say, A LOT of people mistook her for the bride.

Tomi and her very good friend, Lila who flew in from Hungary to be here for the wedding.
Tomizzle and I!

Jen, who flew in from London, and I!
Dee and I!

Ayo and I
At the end out of all the things I got to take home that day and the million and one ideas I have for my own wedding now, I was most excited about my sweets box! 

Wishing Ronke and Bode a happy and fulfilled married life, God bless your union.

2 comments:

  1. Aww the ceremony looks so dreamy!! And you ladies look gorgeous as always :) Haha how long did the sweets last?

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I finished them before I left! Not very long *covers eyes*. Thanks hun! xx

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...