Sunday 14 September 2014

Las Casuelas Quinta: Chimichangas and Margeritas

This whole two posts a day thing is really quite interesting for me, I'm not quite sure what went off in my brain but I've literally gone from zero posts in 2 months to many many posts this month. Must be that September fever! Lol.


Anyways now that I'm back from holiday I was looking through my pictures and boy do I have quite a lot to share with you. But tbh I really really wanted to do a food post and so I've decided to hop, skip and jump away from my time in Los Angeles to my time in Palm Desert, California. Let me start by saying it is HOT! When we got to the villas, the concierge told us that the week had been pretty nice because it's been under 100 degrees F lately. I almost passed out, coming from a place where "nice" usually means it's not cold and rainy I knew I wasn't ready for Palm Springs!

Another thing I noticed not only in Palm Springs but in L.A. too was the number of Mexican and Spanish speaking people around, Mexico borders the south of California and even though we weren't that near the south, it still felt like we would be doing ourselves a disservice if we didn't dine the Mexican way at least once!

And so we found ourselves in Las Casuelas Quinta! (You absolutely have to read this in a Mexican accent and with the exclamation at the end, it would be rude not to...)

We had Mexican food with all the trimmings, Quesadillas, tortillas, nachos, chimichangas, beans and of course, Margaritas (does a little salsa)
Complimentary tortilla chips as we waited for the mains.

Chicken Palos

Rice, refried beans AND a chimichanga burrito concealed under sour cream and guacomole!

Plain Quesadillas

Mar-ger-ri-taaaaaa!

These nachos were SO good even though the plate looks like a heart attack waiting to happen!
Through out the night I couldn't stop speaking and thinking in this crazy Mexican accent and the waiter would not stop indulging me. I'm sure I drove my family a little crazy. The inside and outside of the place has a very quaint feel to it, it all seems so authentic and downright cool.



All in all the restaurant was lovely though, the food ended up being too much but you know how Americans love their portions, supersized! Just looking at this food is making me crave some good quesadillas and a margarita again... 

Just look at this perfectly salt rimmed glass. YUM!
Anyone know anywhere in Lagos that just might satisfy a girls needs? Do drop me a comment and let me know... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...