Sunday 14 September 2014

29 Things That Make Me Happy: Old School Movies

Day 13...

Old School Movies

Let me start by saying that to me, anything that came out before I was born is old school! I remember this particular obsession started when my now ex (sad face) and I spent one valentines day indoors with pizza, wine and those massive Millie's Cookies celebration cookies and just watched movie after movie.

What's weird is that on a normal day I don't really watch that much TV and film in general but for some reason that day I was hooked, blame it on the occasion. That night we watched "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" which was amazing! "The Breakfast Club" which left us thinking "huh :/" but in a good way and one more I don't remember now.

My all time favourite oldies though must be "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, imagine how excited I was going down Rodeo Drive in L.A and passing shops and hotels that had been used in the movie!
julia roberts, richard gere


 "Dirty Dancing" with Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze  
jennifer grey, patrick swayze


and "Love and Basketball" with Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps which isn't really old school but I just love it! 
sana lathan, omar epps

I could honestly watch those over and over again and never get tired.

Next up on my list to see is "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"with Marilyn Monroe and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn, the truly old school stuff. But first how about "Half of a Yellow Sun" to round up a weekend well spent, I've been dying to see it.

What old school movies do you guys just love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...