Saturday 6 September 2014

29 Things That Make Me Happy: My Family

Day 5

My Beautiful Amazing Family

Honestly they say that you can't choose your family but I'm happy that God chose mine for me. I'm literally surrounded with the BEST people 24/7. Spending 2 weeks in a confined space with my nuclear family really made me appreciate them all the more, especially as at this point we are very rarely ever all together. And by family I don't just mean my parents and my brothers, I'm talking the whole damn team! I've been blessed to have such a close relationship with not just my siblings but also my cousins and second cousins too. There are even some family friends that I was sure were related to us!

Every single day I thank God for the gift of kinship that he has blessed us with and I pray that as generations to pass, our bond will always grow stronger. I literally love these guys with all my heart. The best support system ever.

I actually intended to stop this post at the last full stop but I feel such an outpouring of love and emotion right now, it didn't feel right to just cut it short. I'm just sitting here thinking of all the good, bad and ugly times we've gone through as a unit, there's no better feeling in this world than knowing that whatever problems you have are not yours alone. I get a lot of support from friends as well but there's truly something special about being connected to the people that we are bound to by blood and marriage. 



If I could put up pictures of every one I was talking about this would become SUPER long! But they know who they are :)

Infact this whole thing has made me want to plan a family reunion! Christmas perhaps? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...