Monday 8 September 2014

29 Things That Make Me Happy: Curly Kinky Hair

Day 7...

Afro textured hair! (Particularly mine :D)

So some of you may know that a little over a year ago, I stopped doing all kinds of chemical treatments to my hair (relaxers, texturisers, curl loosening everything), it was a decision I made for various reasons but mostly because I just wanted to see. 

My hair has always been on the fine, thin side of life and I remember multiple times being told by stylists that I should stop relaxing my hair because it didn't need it. Literally I would have 3 months of unrelaxed hair and be able to comb through it quite normally like someone whose hair was only 2 weeks post. Well some time last year after going through different phases like relaxing only 3 times a year and then only twice, I decided to stop relaxing forever and I've loved every minute of it!

I LOVE the way my hair curls up when it's wet, when I was first transitioning I would stand in front of the mirror and just be amazed at how adorable my curls looked. Vain right? I know. But it honestly did and still makes me a very happy bunny, even through all the various ups, downs and roundabouts. I try everyday to take better care of my hair because I really want to see if it would ever get past shoulder length or if I'm just destined to have short hair forever.

Here's a few different hairstyles I've done both with my hair and with extensions...

Box braids, my favourite protective hairstyle!

Fluffy fro a couple of months ago.

This super quick twist-out fro came out so much better than I expected, think I left the twists in for like 20 minutes with no curling products.

Shrinkage! x_x

Bantu knot out while I was still transitioning to natural, I need to do a bantu knot out again actually! It's been a minute!

Faux dread locs, my current hairstyle. I was initially super skeptical about doing them but now I LOVE them. #IslandGyal

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I came across your blog a few hours ago, and have spent the night reading...literally! It's nice to read about Lagos/England from another person's perspective, and of course I like all the other posts too.

    Please do keep writing.
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Clara, seeing your comment literally made my morning :) Are you a Lagosian/Londoner yourself? xx

      Delete
  2. Finally, pictures of your Fro. That's nice definition for only 20 mins.
    Curls get me excited too, hehe :)

    http://tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you saw this post because I was going to tag you in it because of an earlier comment of yours about seeing my fro but then I forgot! Haha. Curly Girls Rock! :D xx

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...