Sunday 7 September 2014

Johnson Family VaCay! LOHT Part 2!

Hey guys! How y'all doing? I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far, I've sure had an extremely busy one! But thankfully today has been all about resting.

I like this thing I've started doing where I say I'd post something soon and voila! Just like magic, a post actually goes up the next day! This is both good and bad though, it's good because the Wifi at my new office hasn't yet blocked websites like blogger and so I can blog and upload pictures and all that fun stuff on my laptop at work... But it's bad because if I ever get caught out by any of my boss' I'd have a lot of explaining to do, especially as I just returned from a nice vacation!

Anyhow, where did I leave of in the tour of L.A. Ah yes... The Walk of Fame... Oh incase you missed it Part 1 of this post can be found here Johnson Family VayCay: Legends of Hollywood Tour.

There are a heck of a lot of stars on both sides of the road famously known as the Hollywood Walk of Fame, like A LOT. So many that in the 30 minutes we were given to roam around the area I didn't even find some of my faves! I found a good few though but I wouldn't put them ALL up, that would be torture! Lol.


This picture of my brother posing as Kermit the Frog is one of my faves, we searched everywhere for a straw or anything similar he could hold but alas we had to use our imagination! Lol.


During our stroll around town we also passed the Chinese Theatre were all the famous hand and footprints are, it was actually a lot of fun going "OMG, Johnny Depp's feet are huge! Look how tiny Mariyln's hands were" etc. I never really took myself as a starstruck person, heck half the time I don't recognise people off screen and I rarely remember their names. For instance, Jason Derulo was on my flight from London to LA, I must have walked right by him thrice but it wasn't till my brother pointed it out AFTER we arrived that I realised. I was just in my own world thinking "What's wrong with black people" because he was wearing his sunglasses inside the lounge. I suppose it makes sense now. Wait what was I saying? Oh yea, so I'm not usually starstruck but it was pretty amazing to be right where all these amazingly famous people once stood and put their hands and feet into cement.



I've never seen the movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" but I really want to now!


And of course, speaking of being starstruck, Dolby Theatre where the Academy Awards takes place is literally just next door. It's like a whole street of celeb DNA! Lol.



Before we hopped back on the bus to go to see the lovely houses and go celeb spotting in Beverly Hills, we stopped for a cheeky family selfie. As you do.




I honestly wish I could remember whose house is which right now but honestly they all looked the same! Tall gates and high green hedges to keep nosey pokers like myself OUT! Haha. The great thing about this tour though was that because of the multimedia in the car, we got to see photos of inside the compound, the backyard and sometimes a really gorgeous aerial view of the entire estate. They really were more of estates than houses, let's be honest. This is another reaosn to go on the "Legends of Hollywood Tour" if you're ever looking to hop on a tour bus in L.A. Most other tours would just drive you past the houses and point them out... Looking at tall green hedges loses it's novelty.. FAST!

I remember we passed Madonna's home, the Royal Family's home in L.A., the home where Michael Jackson took his last breath, Simon Cowell's home and even Al Pacino's home too! Here's a couple of half decent shots I managed to score.



Al Pacino's L.A home
At the end of the 4 hour tour after all the ooh-ing and aah-ing were done, we stopped to have lunch at the Farmer's Market and I tried a corn dog for the first time. To summarise the experience in only one word? OILY!! But what was I expecting from a deep fried snack ey?


I'm really struggling to decide whether to squeeze this last little bit of Day 1 in Los Angeles into this post or save it for another... It's just a short little bit on what we did after the tour and some prett pictures, I'm not sure it deserves a post on it's own! Yeah... I'd add it here... YOLO.

After we got back from the tour everyone was a little bit tired but ready to get their skates on again, this was our only full day in LA! The more I think about it the more upset I get, haha. Our "second" stop for the day was the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade for a little spot of shopping to make me feel better. Lol. The views from the pier were really amazing and I contemplated in my mind staying to watch the sun set while listening to the beautiful and not-so-lovely voices of the street musicians but to be honest, the shops were pulling me WAY stronger than the sun and waves ever could.


I hope everyone's having a beautiful day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...