Thursday 18 September 2014

29 Things Make Me Happy: Room Decor

Day 17...

Room decor

So before I left for Lagos I told my mum that when I got back I wanted to re do my room and make it into a more personal space. For the last 7 years which is pretty much the time we've been living at our current house, I was only ever at home for holidays. Most times I would live out of my suitcase for the 2/3 weeks and not really pay much attention to making the room my personal space.

But since it was to become my permanent dwelling space till further notice I decided to spruce it up with the help of a friend and interior designer Alexis Romeo, check out her blog here. I decided that the colour scheme for my room would be purple, cream and gold. Ordinarily I would have gone for pink but I didn't want it to end up looking like a 5 year old's Barbie themed room. Here's some of the pictures that were on my mood board.

I really like the textured pillow on this bed

I love the contrast between the central wallpaper and the one of the left wall, the white furniture really brightens up the room.

Ideas for those of us stuck in "attic style" bedrooms like myself.

Doesn't this just look so royal and decadent?

I'm not really into rustic things but the exposed wood work and antique look wardrobe really do it for me!

Purple, purple and more purple!
My room is since finished and I can't wait to share the before and after pictures with you.

Who else is into interior decorating? I'd love to look through your blog or any blogs you love. It's never too late to start thinking about decorating rooms in my home!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Reni for the shout out! I love what you did to your room and love the write up! :*

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...