Friday 19 September 2014

Johnson Family Vacay: Warner Bros Studios

So I've been getting soo carried away with doing the "29 Things That Make Me Happy" so much so that I haven't even finished telling you about my trip to L.A and Palm Springs. I wasn't going to but a little voice in my head was saying "The people deserve to know!" and so here we are. The final day of L.A.

We spent the day at the Warner Bros Studios and went on their 2.5 hour VIP studio tour. If you're a movie buff in LA then this tour is definitely for you. 
Warner Bros is the machine behind a whole lot of my favourite TV shows. Vampire Diaries, Big Bang, Game of Thrones to name a few and while we were there they were filming a new series called A to Z. The storyline sounds pretty interesting but our tour guide didn't say when exactly it would be released.
Isn't he such a gentleman?
 We got to go to the studio where they film "Pretty Little Liars" and I was so sad that it's not a show I watch. We weren't allowed to take pictures but imagine a single room with a different set pieces in each corner. One for the cafe, one for someones living room and so on.. The working space is tiny and I really appreciated the hard work that the camera folk must do to capture all the different angles that make a tiny corner look like a full sized cafe!

Also almost nothing is real, from the buildings to the walls, to the glass and most of the heavy props like concrete benches. It's all made of other incredibly light fake material so that it's a lot easier to move around and manipulate.. What I did see that was real and very real though were the costumes worn in various Batman movies. Gotham City stars.

From "Dark Knight Rises" Anne Hathaway's costumes.

Bane!

The Riddler, Batman and Robin from "Batman Begins"
 And then straight to Privet Drive..

Harry, Hermione and Ron's costumes

The Weasley brothers

I got sorted to Hufflepuff. Can you question the sorting hat? I want to question the sorting hat. Hufflepuff is for cry babies! :(
 I read the most interesting fact about Dobby, this Dobby was created as part of the vision and visualisation but the character in the movies was completely computerised and was just represented as a tennis ball on a stick during dialogue.

There were also a couple of fully functional bat mobiles on display, my only annoyance is that they wouldn't let me drive one no matter how I begged and pleaded. Big meanies.


This brings us to the end of my experiences at Warner Bros Studios and in Los Angeles, Here's a quick lil selfie before we started the 3 hour drive to Palm Springs because why not.. See you guys there! Lol.

Hope you guys are gearing up for an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...