Tuesday 7 January 2014

Graduation at Michael Caines!

So I've been bad this last month, plus if I told you I had been writing this post for the last two weeks you probably wouldn't believe me.. but I can explain! Since my last post I've moved out of my flat in Manchester, graduated with distinction from my Masters Programme, moved to London and then gone on holiday to Lagos and am now back in London! So I hope you guys can see that I haven't just been totally neglectful for no reason, things in Lagos were pretty hectic but in the best possible way! This is the first Christmas holiday in about 6 years that I have no exams in January so I'm really taking full advantage and have been out and about almost everyday.

But before I get into Lagos and all that is amazing about it, did I say how awesome graduation was yet? It was amazing, my ceremony was in the evening and it was already dark outside by the time it started so I tried to add a little extra touch to my outfit since it was a "night time" affair. 
 It was a nice short and sweet ceremony with just a handful of us, especially compared to my undergrad graduations where the hall was literally jam packed with proud graduates and even prouder families. Obviously there were lots of proud graduates and parents as well this time too, just on a smaller scale.



After taking pictures with all my people, I went with my familia to Michael Caines Restaurant at Abode. (By Michael Caines I mean the Michelin star chef, NOT the actor! You would be surprised how much confusion that caused through-out the night!)


Left: Million Dollar Shake. Top Right: Passionfruit Cheesecake. Bottom Right: Creme Brulee
The food was great and dessert was definitely my favourite part of it but the service could have been a lot better in terms of attention given that it's such a fancy restaurant! But all in all I had an awesome graduation evening. Hoping for many more of these type of celebrations this 2014.


Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...