Wednesday 8 January 2014

Calling On Patience and Hope

I was initially going to do entire posts on Lagos and all the various shenanigans I got up to while I was out there for about three weeks but for some reason I just can't bring myself too. I wonder if it's the passing of 2013 that makes me just want to leave my memories, good and bad, folded up neatly in my head. I don't know but I do know that as I scroll through my camera roll and recount the great times with family and friends something in me feels like analysing them and putting them in a blog post might somehow adulterate the feeling I get when I think of Christmas 2013 in Lagos.

I'm lying in bed here in London, back to the grey and the gloom that I all but forgot about, with my laptop propped up on my and thighs and thinking. Yes, thinking. Because now that the holidays are over and everyone is getting back to their various realities I'm trying desperately to figure out what that is meant to be for me. You see I had a plan that I would have a full time job that I loved before graduation, then it turned into "by graduation" and eventually morphed into "By January 2014" and so here I am with January 2014 already a week gone and feeling a little underwhelmed by my current situation. There isn't much to say or be said about it really. I'm still searching and waiting for call backs, as tedious as the whole process is, I'm trying to remain patient and hopeful.

Patient for that first 'real' job that I know is coming my way and hopeful that 2014 would bring even more joy and cause for celebration than 2013. Everyday when the feelings of doubt threaten to overwhelm me I will try and remember this quote:



What are you being patient and/or hopeful for this new year?

Reni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...