Friday 5 July 2013

June Review and July Goals

Oh my darling faithful cherie's! What will I do without you all? I don't know why I left you for quite so long but the days got so busy and the nights got so blurry that I really don't know where all the time went! I can't believe it's been two weeks and you see I hate leaving you so much because I hate playing catch up! But catch up we shall, because you my beauties deserve it! There is so much to tell you, so many new places I've been and people I've seen andI can't wait to churn it all out till I'm tired of rambling on about my life to you lovely people who stop by my blog! But before I get into the people I've seen and the places I've been let me first assess my June goals and set some new ones for July, I am quite behind you see! Let's start with the wins shall we?

Complete 16 week stretch
This one is a big fat win and infact the stretch is still stretching! I'm exactly 16 weeks post today and trying to decide between relaxing ASAP or carrying on and transitioning to natural... I always have this debate in my head whenever relaxer due date comes close but I also always end up relaxing! Who knows? Maybe this time will be different

Wash hair every 2 weeks
I should have stated that this was meant for while I stayed in braids, when my hair is out I usually wash every week! Wash day is currently on Mondays :)

Moisturise every other day
Yipee! Although if this was a July challenge I would have failed already!

Pole
I thought I'd finally treat you to a picture of what I've been getting up to in pole dancing, this one was taken a few months ago in March or April and I have progressed immensely since then! I now do cool upside-downy moves! :D


Try a new recipe or two
Well you read about my Skinny Shrimp Curry with Coconut Rice so yay to trying something new! There are a couple more recipes to share since I startted Mankofit's 30 day eat clean, train dirty challenge!

I did infact also become a 'yes' girl! Life is so much more fun when you let go, I used my proper camera loads while I was on holiday last week (oh yeah, did I forget to tell you that as well? Goodness I'm awful!) AND I wrote a story to go on THAHW, It's a series actually! I just need to get further along in the plot before I start posting it, so keep your peepers peeled!

And now for the sad part, womp womp!
  • I didn't run 5k twice a week, it was simply too stressful I really don't enjoy running all that much!
  • I failed the squat challenge because I kepy missing out days but I'm sure my backside still benefited greatly!
  • I still cannot plank for 90 seconds! Sadly
  • Failing to drink 1.5 litres of water a day really hurt because I did always drink at least a litre! Adding on that extra 500ml is much harder than I previously though!
  • Blog more after exams, I'm not sure if I should count this as a fail or not yet but seeing as I only managed 5 posts in June and my highest was 9 in March I'm thinking it will have to count as a fail :( Sad times!
As for July I don't have too many goals you see, I mostly plan on finishing my dissertation or at least getting halfway through the beast! The main thing in July is to complete Mankofit's Eat Clean, Train Dirty 30 day challenge. There was a grocery list at the start and she posts up an exercise for us to do every day, it's been difficult but fun at the same time because I'm doing it with one of my besties and friends really do make everything better! This challenge is intense enough in itself to cover my food and fitness goals for the month! If you're curious about the challenge her instagram and twitter handles are @mankofit, it's never too late to join in on the fun!
Her grocery list is a pretty hard one to stick by so I allowed myself three small changes! I'm eating red meat because I need all the iron I can get and I added carrots to my veggies because I hate cauliflower and asparagus which were both on the list! More to come on the challenge soon.

Hair wise I think I need to just keep doing what I'm doing! I'd post an updated hair care regimen soon as it's changed quite a bit and I also need to decide if I will relax or not! I think I will... Or maybe I wont!

More on my lovely short vacay to Antalya, Turkey  soon and also my experience at the Diamonds World Tour! I think I've gotten over my writer's block now!

Speak soon lovelies!
Reni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...