Friday 21 June 2013

Food, Glorious Food!

So truly, after exams I've been such a massive foodie/fattie that it's a tad ridiculous, but it's fine. It just means extra time at the gym and I've got the situation handled, Olivia Pope style! (gosh I miss that show) anyways, moving on to the topic of this post... FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! Is it weird that I actually sometimes sing that in my head when a plate of indescribable  delicious looking food appears before me? You will see what I mean later on.

Anyways, on the evening of my final exam of life, ever I met up with a couple of girlfriends of mine that were all doing the same undergraduate course as me in Manchester, the perfect plan would have been to go out and get smashed like the 20-somethings that we are but instead we decided to have a nice grown up dinner since most of them are working now and it was a weeknight, boringgg. Haha, I kid. I don't really like getting smashed.

After much hassle, we settled on Smoak Bar & Grill for our catch up, it's the restaurant that's in the Malmaison hotel right by the train station and can I just say that this was the best decision anyone could have ever made? We started off with some Cosmos and Mojitos to get everyone feeling relaxed and chilled out and then had some chicken lollipops for starters. I really didn't expect to actually have my chicken on lollipop sticks.. It was quite an odd experience actually and it makes sharing a little difficult, sadly I don't remember the different types of chicken they had on there but there was definitely some Satay and Teriyaki in that mix.

Doesn't the Cosmo look so angelic? haha

Now that everyone was suitably relaxed, we did what girls do best and had a nice old fashioned gossip sesh about any and everything under the sun, from boyfriends to ex-coursemates to holidays and parties and I heard some pretty juicy details! Wouldn't you want to know? Sure you would! Ha!

Have I mentioned the service at this place yet? It is amazing, quite literally the best I've ever experienced anywhere in Manchester, the staff were formal yet friendly, the meals were very well presented and we were never left wanting for anything. They were slightly slow in bringing the food but that was because a large party of about 10 had come in just before us, boo! Now the moment I'm sure you've all been waiting for... What did I have to eat.. 


Sing it with me now; FOOD! GLORIOUS FOOD! I don't even know where to begin describing this burger! I remember looking at the menu and deciding that I would have some steak or a regular burger when the waitress came by our table to tell us about the specials that they had for the day. She started describing this burger called the Louisiana and she had me at hello! Something something beef, with such and such done to it, cheese and blah blah sauce and a hearty helping of PEANUT BUTTER! Yup, you read that right, and my goodness was it the most divine thing I have ever tasted! I use the word divine a lot right? No, this burger takes the cake, the ice cream and the cherry on top! It also came with sweet potato fries and onion rings. One of my friends had the steak with some peppercorn sauce and she said it was the best steak she had ever had in her entire life and she's as addicted to steak as I am to my burgers!


Sadly I didn't get pictures of anyone else's food, I didn't want to be 'that guy' at the table that wouldn't stop snapping away! But I did get a few shots of the girls afterwards and everyone looked nice and full and satisfied!


It was such a lovely evening with these lot and we were one of the last tables to leave because we just wouldn't stop talking! Sadly, there was no room for dessert this time, after all that food I was feeling tooo stuffed to care about any of their yummy treats! After taking a random stroll through the city centre I ended up at my friends house and spent the rest of the night getting chocolate wasted like you're supposed to after exams! Haha, the bliss!

Till next time guys!
Reni x

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with Smoak Bar and Grill, I just think they do amazing food! No one is paying me to write this but why keep this little gem all to myself? Sharing is caring after all and I do care about all of you my wonderful blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...