Monday 22 July 2013

Antalya 2013. 4 Days of Pure Bliss (PART II)

Hey guys,

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends, back to boring Monday's again for those of you that are still working on in school. If you're on faux holiday like myself then Monday's are a lot more bearable aren't they? (I say faux because technically I don't finish school till I hand in my dissertation in September, booo). Anyways, as I promised I'm back to fill you in on how the other 2 days of my 4 days of bliss in Antalya went, let's resume on Friday morning shall we? :)

Woke up nice and early again but this time it wasn't to make the massive breakfast; Friday was the day of my mum's actual birthday and to kick off the day of celebrations we had a Service of Praise. There was singing and dancing to the Most High as well as a short sermon by one of her best friends before a select few people got to give speeches/tributes. (Obviously mine was the best, it made people teary-eyed! Ha!) After all of that we were treated to a lovely brunch and some cake.
Mummy looking gorgeous in pink & silver! Check out that gele!
                                    

Apologies for the blurry pictures above, they were taken by my iPhone which I will never compare to my camera again! Especially on zoomed in pictures. Once again after brunch and gathering everyone together to slap on some of Ibi's sun screen (yes, black people do need sun screen!) we headed back down to the beach for our waterfall tour and some ringo. The waterfall tour was supposed to take place on Thursday with the rest of our beach day activities but the guy kept telling us that his boat was due to arrive any moment and it never did arrive on Thursday before we had to leave! Because of this we were pretty skeptical about his antics and I wouldn't have been surprised if he just didn't turn up the next day as well, especially since we had already paid him! Lol. But I guess the Turkish don't have too much 419 blood in them because he turned up on time and with refreshments for us during our trip!

There was a little bit of a wait before we could actually get on the boat and I really wanted to try wake-boarding; I know fellow blogger Afam of The Ramblings of a Mad Man, does it quite often and the pictures looks like such fun! I hear it's quite difficult though? After hearing how difficult it was and not particularly wanting to belly flop in the water, my cousins and I opted for the Great Mable which is pretty much a massive float with handles attached for gripping on tight for dear life!
After getting a suitable adrenaline rush and a little wet, the boat was loaded and ready to take us on our waterfall tour. There were four in total and each one was bigger than the next but the pictures all kind of looked the same so I only put up two of them.

This one was the smallest of them and was also the first one we saw, I was a bit disappointed with it because I didn't know what was yet to come! Also can I just say, how awesome is the colour of that water?? Mediterranean Sea at it's finest!

Excuse my cousins head in this shot, lol. There were some pretty deep crevices in the nearby cliffs. I guess this is where all the pebbles on the beach are formed or something by some erosion process.
We finally got to the big one and it was pretty exciting to see! You could feel the mist that was being created from quite a distance away. I know it's no Niagra Falls but I've never been this close to a waterfall before so I'd say it was quite cool!

So cool we even took a group picture! Haha.

Weirdly enough we didn't see any marine life at all throughout the tour which was a bit disappointing but at the same time a great relief! I don't know how I'd have reacted if I noticed anything bigger than a goldfish casually swimming around our little boat! After the tour I went back to the hotel because I really just needed to rest before the activities of the birthday party!

Instead of just lazing about in my room though I decided that a spa moment would be in order, especially as I couldn't see any other time to enjoy the facilities. When in Turkey, do as the Turkish do and so I opted for a Turkish bath (hamam) followed by a full body massage. I don't have any pictures of the spa time because 1. I was too relaxed to be bothered about my camera and 2. It would have been very explicit photos because in the hamam you lie on a slab like the one in the picture below and a masseuse comes to scrub you and bath you, haha. Oh and there are other people being bathed at the same time as you, lol. Luckily for me I had my cousins so no strangers odd bits to stare at. It was extremely cringe-worthy at first but the girls were very professional and I fell into a trance afterwards. Oh plus you get to wear a paper thong. **giggles**



After the exfoliating bath and the amazing oil massage it was already time to head upstairs to get ready for the Dinner & Dance. Lord knows I would have lived in that spa if I had the chance! Lol. So I got dressed, did my make-up and tried to do something cute with my unruly 15 weeks post relaxer hair! The end result was something like this:

And I felt pretty fly until I saw my mother looking like this! She literally looked flawless and not at all of age, I better be looking like this when I'm at that age; the genes are somewhere inside me. Can I get an amen?!?!

There was a delicious 6 course meal and some other entertainment including this belly dancer who was trying to seduce my brother with her fingers. Lol.

I realised that I have absolutely no pictures of any of the food we had all through the time there which is really quite poor but I guess there was always something more interesting going on around me. After a night filled with drinking and dancing the crowd eventually thinned out and we all went to bed looking forward to our last full day in the dreamy city of Antalya.

My goodness can I just stop here and say this post feels really really long?! I feel like I've been typing away for absolute ages! Thank you for making it this far... It's the final day now, Saturday! I'm sure you're used to us waking up bright and early and heading for the massive breakfast by now, but on this day we found out breakfast ended at 10.30 and not 10. Can I get a whoop whoop for an extra 30 minutes in bed?? Especially after that Friday night we just had!

Saturday was a really simple day, we went on a boat cruise which featured the waterfall tour! (Had I known I would have saved my money!) and got to go swimming in the sea. Sadly when the yatch stopped moving about half of the party started feeling extremely sea sick from all the bobbing about so we couldn't really swim for that long before we had to head back to shore.
Pirates watching over us to keep us safe from the other pirate ships!

Ibi & Iretidee. Sunglasses and Cheeses Crew!

The mummies wouldn't let us swim without life jackets. They still don't trust our swimming skills even after all that money on lessons from when we were kids! Lol.
Sadly, Saturday was our very last day as the flight on Sunday was at 8 a.m. or some equally ridiculous time! The only thing I regret was not having more time to explore the actual city (I went to the beach instead, typical huh?) so it's definitely on my list of places to go back to! Here's saying bye to Antalya; my four days of pure utter bliss!
See my brother Modee the professional photo bomber! <3

Hope this has provided some sort of escapism for an otherwise boring Monday lunchtime. Enjoy the rest of your day, I'm off to continue with school work too :(.

Ciao!
Reni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...