Sunday 7 July 2013

Alto: £15 Lobster or Steak

Hey hey! So what do you know? It's another food post! Haha, it seems all I post about these days is food! But this time you'd be pleased to know that it's not about a deliciously sinful burger which stands taller than my head! No, I decided to be a little more 'refined' on this particular day and go to this place called ALTO Bar & Restaurant in Manchester. At this restaurant/bar inside the Radisson Blu hotel there are only two options, Steak or Lobster. Both for a very decent, even cheap-ish £15 seeing as it comes with unlimited fries and salad! It seemed like a pretty good idea at the time as the boyfriend and I were both starving and sorting through massive menus at any of our regular spots seemed like such a hassle. Plus I had been meaning to try it out for ages; the strategically placed signboard always caught my eye on my way to and from the nearby AMC cinema! So off to ALTO we popped.

We were greeted somewhat rudely by the host who first had us wait about 5 minutes to be attended to even though the place was relatively empty but we were eventually seated and made the decision on food effortlessly. One steak and one lobster. I was quite excited for the lobster because I had never eaten a whole one before and after hearing some high praises from friends who had been to the restaurant just a week before, my taste buds were tingling when the plates of food finally arrived!

I've just realised that this is a bit of a rubbish photo of the steak (not taken by me obviously! LOL) but I don't have anything to replace it with!


Starving as we were we dug straight into the food! Unfortunately, this was not one of those experiences where the heavens opened up and the angels sang a melodious chorus as the first bite was swallowed. The steak which we has asked to be well-done with pepper corn sauce was way too tough/dry to be enjoyed and the sauce never came but the up-himself-host was too busy to attend to us properly even though we told him twice. The lobster was okay, nothing to write home about but I did enjoy using all the fancy utensils to dig out the meat and break the shell though, this was probably the highlight of my meal! But be warned lobster does make for a messy dish! There was juice flying everywhere, now I understand why they give out those bibs at places like Red Lobster!

All in all the chips were my favourite part of the meal and this is not to say that the rest of the food was bad, it just wasn't as good as some of the places I've been to in my short lifetime but then again for £15 I guess I shouldn't have been expecting any gourmet dining! After this fail it was all sad faces until I was promised some spicy chicken wings from the chippy on the way home! Ha, students!

Hopefully I haven't put you all off, like I said a bunch of friends went earlier and loved it in there, maybe it was just the annoying host that ruined the whole experience for us. If you're still interested in ALTO then check them out here to book a table.

Bye for now my lovelies!
Reni x

P.S: This trip was sometime last month before I started my #eatcleantraindirty challenge so never fear, all is well on that front, for now. Also I've decided to allow myself 4 cheat days during the 30 days, if not I'd go crazy! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...