Thursday 21 February 2013

I Wish I Had A Pole In My Basement...

I started pole dancing! Haha, yeah you read that right. I decided to add some flavour to my otherwise drab engineering life, while getting a decent workout. Today was my first class and it was such fun! I'm not sure whether to write that it's not as easy as it looks or it's not as difficult as it looks. Let me explain; standing in front of the pole and doing a couple of twirls that look relatively sexy is okay, even trying to pull yourself up is okay. But actually lifting yourself up and spinning around with little to no momentum is much more difficult than it looks! Sasha, the instructor (not her real name) makes it looks so damn easy and fluid! I felt like a bit of a klutz sometimes but for a first timer I think I was okay! Can't wait till I'm at least intermediate, my best friend thinks this is Rihanna's negative influence on my life **singing, strippers going up and down that pole!** I beg to differ.. There's also so much focus on the core which I love! Stronger core = stronger body!


Haha, I feel like I've been obsessed with fitness lately! Ah well, it can't be a bad thing, can it? Oh side note, I'm almost through with my recovery week on Insanity. Next week marks the beginning of month 2 updates coming soon.

Can't wait till my next class (All the way next week! Womp womp. I wish I had a pole in my basement so I could practice again tomorrow! But I don't even have a basement hmmm) and also to see if I feel the burn in my arms when I wake up tomorrow morning. It would be the good type of burn, maybe I'd finally get some of that upper body strength I so desire and tone my arms as well. It's a 6 week course so I'd see if I've learnt any cool new tricks to show you in pictures by then! :) Hmmm, on second thought this could be the best thing I'm currently doing with my time, that way it wouldn't be a complete joke when I say "If this whole engineering thing doesn't work out I'm going to be a stripper!" Haha. I'm sure my parents wouldn't approve of this statement! Hopefully they don't see it. *adjusts halo*

Bye people,
Reni :) x


2 comments:

  1. Haha I told you you'd enjoy it! You guys are gonna so toned when your done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wish you had a what?

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...