Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cheating Foodie


I’ve been cheating… On Insanity that is! After successfully completing the first three weeks as well! I was a bit disappointed but it didn’t happen entirely by choice! After Friday’s workout I noticed some pain in my right leg around my knee and knew that it wasn’t a sign of a good workout.  I figured it's probably from all the jumping and squatting especially in the plyometric workouts. For those who don’t know me I get really paranoid about certain things and damaging my knee is no different! I already know I have weak knees, the kind that hurt from sitting in one position for too long (Hello aisle seats and extra leg room on the plane!) I also can’t stand in one position for too long, especially in heels! (One of the reasons med school was just never for me! Not that they wear heels to med school… You catch my drift… lol) I got one of those knee brace things to wear during my workout and that seemed to help but by the next day the pain hadn’t gone away and to be honest I was too scared of doing permanent damage to try again! (In case you’re wondering I’m really not that tall. Taller than average for a girl I guess but still only 5’9”.)

Well apart from cheating on Insanity, I’ve also been cheating on my ‘clean’ diet. Four days in a row of Chinese food cannot be good for anyone! Although the one I had on Friday night was particularly delicious! It was at Princess Garden of Mayfair, London for one of my best friends 21st birthday, the food there was soo good! Although as usual the waitresses were snappy and tried to rush us. Poor women, everyone knows you cannot rush Nigerians; we do things at our own time to our own taste. We are done when and only when WE decide to be done! Some of the other staff were lovely though; especially the guy who wouldn’t stop topping up everyone’s wine glass, he was determined to show us a good time! LOL. It was a really great evening with a chilled house party to end it all. OMG I got introduced to the best cherry liqueur ever! Does anyone know where I can get some??!! (Any brand! I’m desperate).

As of today though my knee feels a lot better and I’ve looked up some stretches to add to the end of my workouts to strengthen that area so I’m jumping back on the Insanity wagon, and heck no I’m not starting again! I’d rather die! LOL. I’d start from the beginning of Week 4 and hopefully by my next fit test in about 2 weeks there’d be even more improvement! Wish me luck guys… Also, I found one partner! Anyone else care to join us?? Leave a comment below!

Outfit of Friday Night



With love,
Reni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...