Tuesday 5 February 2013

Body like Beyonce: Fit February Smoothie Challenge.


So last weekend Beyonce really kicked up a storm in the media! From her mind blowingly epic performance at the Super Bowl half-time show to the announcement of her world tour! She’s really caused a ruckus! If I was to begin writing about all the reasons why she is epic I don’t think I’d ever stop! She’s like, the epitome of ‘woman’ or something! Second only to my mother in my eyes! Lol. But seriously though, Beyonce is just one of those people that you either love to love or love to hate, but either way you still love her! And to all those Kelly and Michelle fans I just have a few things to say to you. 1. I love Kelly too but seriously, you cannot deny the force that is KING BEY! 2. May you never be a Michelle to anybody in this life! (Check out this awful but somehow hilarious website!).

Anyways, one thing I’ve always wanted from Beyonce is her gaddem body!

EPIC performance! <3 <3 <3
I don’t know how she does it! And while she may not be the best role model for healthy eating and all, her body is always in perfect form when she needs it to be! As I mentioned in my last post I fell off the Insanity and clean eating bandwagon but I’m picking myself right back up and continuing from where I left off! Even though the week has already started I’m going to try and come up with some meal prep ideas and the like to keep me from over eating and eating the wrong thing! One thing I’ve learnt so far is that it’s not only about the calories; it’s about where they come from. So eating 2000 calories of lean meat, complex carbs and ‘good’ fats is going to do a lot more for your body than just 1000 calories from sugary and salty snacks. To motivate myself further I’ve decided to start a challenge for the remainder of February. Welcome to my Fit February Smoothie challenge!

At least one smoothie a day, everyday for the rest of February. Smoothie are a great source of nutrients and contain a lot, if not all of our recommended 5-a-day while also being delicious! If anyone is anything like me you probably hate greens! I’m not sure if it has more to do with the colour or the taste but foods like spinach and kale just make me think “Ew, ew, ew, NAS-TAY!” but that’s why I’ve had to modify the challenge a little bit, at least 2 of the smoothies every week MUST contain some leafy greens for their added benefits of iron and other nutrients. Ugh, I’m regretting adding this clause already, lol.

My very first smoothie of the month is one of my favourites, Strawberry and Banana! I got the recipe as a workout reward ages ago when I used to use the Nike Training Club app. The recipe is below and although I didn’t have any pineapple at the time it still tasted yummy!

4 or 5 strawberries
Handful of raspberries
1 banana
3-4 fresh pineapple slices
4 oz orange juice
Ice cubes.

And the instruction is to throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth.

Couple of the ingredients I included today, forgot to take a picture before I actually made the smoothie!
Mmmmmm, nice cup of strawberry and banana smoothie after a cold and wet day!
P.S: If you don’t have a very powerful blender I would suggest crushing the ice first! (I use some freezer bags, a hammer and a couple of dishcloths lol.) Also if you don't like bananas another "thick" fruit like mangos can be used instead, just try out with different things.

Does anyone have any fun recipes I could try out? This might be the longest shortest month of the year ever!

Reni x

4 comments:

  1. Kai! That website smh. Michelle kpele. I actually like her tho lol It's just a shame that the light has not shone her a much as the others. Although, maybe she likes it that way.
    Anyways, love this new blog. Will be frequenting this one as much as the other one :) I wish I could do this for my blog but I love how chaotic it is haha!

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Michelle michelle. Who knows whether she likes it, well she seems relatively happy in life anyways. I've never liked her though. Forever neutral! lol x

      Delete
  2. Ah ah, that website is mean. Michelle was always my favorite. She's been doing well on broadway and is in Fela now. Her gospel albums were #1s (on gospel charts of course).

    As for the smoothies, yea you have to balance fruits and green veggies. Pele! Maybe use less strong flavored greens like spinach and celery. I actually just eat my kale in a salad instead of putting in the juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my first green smoothie yesterday, I had to double up on the bananas because I was so scared of the spinach! haha, it actually turned out pretty nice. I'd do a mini post on it soon.

      Oh wow, didn't know she was in Fela! Go Michelle! But Kelly was definitely my favourite! It's weird, my love for Bey only just started evolving the last few years!

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...