Tuesday 28 October 2014

Getting Back on the Bandwagon: Fitfam.

So you know sometimes you fall off a bandwagon that you were so on and your life just feels kind of stagnant and incomplete? Well that's kind of how I've felt this whole month of October ever since my bootcamp instructor left for the States for a while! At this point you're probably wondering, what bootcamp? And you're right to. For some reason I stopped blogging about my fitness journey and that's not necessarily because I stopped, it just went through varying highs and lows. Last time I was here talking about fitness was June 2013 before I did Cancer Research UK's Race for Life! How time flies... I also did Insanity and have a few updates on that too, Insanity Month 2: It's not a Diet, it's a Lifestyle.

So this bootcamp is done in Banana Island, Lagos and it's called Body By Ponz, it's on 4 times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 6-7 pm and Saturdays 7 - 8am. For more information you can check out his instagram page @bodybyponz.

So back to the essence of this post, for the last month, I've been off the wagon because Ponz left for a month but then I saw a picture on his instagram announcing the new season starts on November 3rd and I knew I had to do something and move my lazy ass before then. Plus it's the end of October, that means Christmas is upon us, gotta get that body looking right in time for all the events and old family members and friends. I started a new regime yesterday that I really want to stick through for at least a month. It involves waking up and working out. Haha. That's the simple part. I really think I could work out all day everyday especially in these cuties! What kills me is the food part.


I'm sure some people are thinking, well can't you work out and eat whatever? The short answer is no. Attaining your dream body is 20% exercise and 80% food... Which is why I have to stop nodding my head every morning when my colleagues ask me if I want hot akara from Iya Basira! For those who don't know akara is basically beans that has been ground and then deep fried and that alongside tea, coffee and Mcvities Digestives have been the reason for my waistline expansion! It's time to stop all these bad habits and throw in the new. I'm ready to move again and here's what I'd be doing..

1. Do a 30 minute workout every weekday morning
This would be in terms of those cute charts and diagrams you can find on Instagram like the one below from Fit Girls Worldwide and my aim is to complete 3 sets and then skip for the remaining 30 minutes. I'm throwing in the skipping because I often don't feel like I get enough cardio from these.


2. Do Bootcamp at least 3 times per week
Once the new season starts, I plan to be just as committed as I was before and do boot camp at least 3 times a week. I wouldn't lie... I never go for Saturday, Friday nights are simply too activity filled to expect me to be out of bed before 7am!

3. Say no to hot akara
Lol. And all other types of deep fried foods and unnecessary, unhealthy snacks. This is going to be the most difficult one because my colleagues literally just drop temptations on my table and sometimes babes are peckish... I'm compiling a list of healthy snacks that are easily portable so that at work, when the elevenses munchies strike I have something yum and healthy with me.

Well that's it for now... Is anyone else on a fitness journey? Or just trying to look good for the upcoming holiday season? Drop me a comment let's do this together!

Christmas Body Loading! Haha.

2 comments:

  1. In it as well. I need to look good for 2015. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yesss, this is what I like to hear! Welcome to the bandwagon! :)

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...