Tuesday 11 November 2014

Beauty Review: Mia 2 Clarisonic


So over the summer, well towards the end really, while I was in Palm Springs, I went on a nice, relaxng Spa day with my mum. Girls day out while the boys and my dad played golf in the punishing sun. During the treatment, the beautician used a Clarisonic on my T zone and therein was the beginning of a very special love affair. Lol.

You see I had always wanted to try out the Clarisonic and see what benefits it would bring to my naturally oily, sensitive and extremely break out prone skin but I was worried about it being too harsh for me. But with the reassurance of the beautician I tried it and my face felt like it had received new life! Haha. There are quite a few different types of clarisonics, and their uses range from the face to the feet and even the whole body. The one I bought is called the Mia 2 and I got it with a 15% discount right after my treatment, the original price for the Mia 2 is $99, minus VAT. So I definitely felt like I had struck a bargain.

The Mia2 and all it's accessories.
So now, on to some before and after shots. I started using the Clarisonic towards the end of August 2014 and my after picture was taken a couple of weeks ago towards the end of October and so that makes two full months of usage. I use it just once a day, every morning while I shower and one cycle lasts for exactly 1 minute. Most people spend much less than a minute washing their faces but I ready that you need to spend a minimum of one minute to really cleanse your pores so the Clarisonic is perfectly timed.

Surely I don't have to say which is before and which is after! The difference is so clear to me! But just incase... Before is on the left, after is on the right :)
I should state as well that this is NOT an exfoliating brush, it's a cleansing brush and not to be used with face washes that have abrasive micro particles like typical exfoliators do. I guess the combination of both could irritate the skin.

Also before I forget, let me add that you are intended to change the brush head every 3 - 4 months and this device is rechargeable but completely waterproof to allow for use in the shower. I adore my Clarisonic and face washing just has never been the same since... Now all I have to do is stop being lazy about washing my face at night and maybe those annoying spots will finally be gone forever.

Have you ever used the Clarisonic? What were your thoughts? Also does anyone have any beauty tips and tricks for clearer skin? Do share, I'm obsessed with making my face flawless now. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...