Thursday 9 October 2014

Extreme Makeover Room Edition: My Boudoir

So in one of my 29 things that make me happy posts I stated "Room Decor" and mentioned that I was doing up my whole room. Well the room is finally complete, the pictures have been taken and the blog post has been written. This is definitely a more picture heavy post than anything else but I still really wanted to share this with y'all.

Let's start with some "Before" shots shall we. So remember that this room was sparsely inhabited by me over a period of about 7 years and before that we had just moved into the house. It was VERY bare. I would just come home for the holidays and live out of my suitcase for a few weeks before packing everything back up and heading back to school.

Room door and shelf

Only window, bed and storage.

Wardrobes, shoe rack and bathroom door. The unpainted bit on the wall was caused by a leaking pipe which meant the walls had to be broken.

I meant it when I said I lived out of suitcases. Lol. Desk and bathroom door.

Bed and bedside tables
Okay so that's pretty much a 360 of my room as it was. When I was thinking of what I wanted my "new" room to be like the top 3 things that came to me were "more light" "dressing table" and "purple". Purple is generally quite a dark colour and so having more light was definitely on the top of my list. I initially wanted to have white furniture because that makes rooms feel brighter. Also I'm not sure if you noticed but my room has 2 slanted walls and although the ceilings are quite high it can make it feel a little dingy sometimes. So I mentioned speaking a lot to Alexis Romeo, and aspiring interior designer and using her ideas and inspiration to tell Nigerian company Design Options II what I wanted for my new room.

I really couldn't be happier with the results, so let me stop rambling and show you guys this Extreme Makeover: Room Edition "After" pictures.

Dressing Table? Check!




Little relaxation/ writing corner? Check! This is probably my favourite corner of my room. The chair is usually filled with pillows and teddies which I then throw to the floor when I actually want to just chill in my little space. All the posters in that corner came with me from uni and found a nice happy home there although I did have to throw a few away!


It even comes complete with a table for my speakers and laptop amongst other things.

New proper shoe rack!




Books and bags storage space.







Bedside table 1...

Bedside table 2


Full view of bed, rug and side tables. With the teddies...

With the pillows...



And one final picture for the road...

So I definitely hit my goals of purple, dressing table and lighter... All the new furniture I got is lighter and it makes a world of difference! Also the new storage space means I should have no excuse to be untidy anymore but I really can't say if it's going to work or nah... I can definitely say that my room is NOT this tidy any more though but we try... Haha.

If you'd like to know where anything is from or any other details on Alexis Romeo or DO II then do let me know in the comments section. Hope you enjoyed this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...