Wednesday 19 March 2014

3 Cousins & A Crook: Longing for the Beach

Honestly, I always hate when I haven't blogged for a realy long time... I think about LTV everyday but finding the time to sit down and write is proving a bit more difficult than I expected. I guess settling down in Lagos is taking a little bit longer than I imagined, but hurrah! I finally managed to unpack all my 8 suitcases and get my room in decent working order, it doesn't look like a hurricane affected site anymore and my mind is finally free to think on other things.

So I feel that it's only right that we start my adventures in Lagos with a foodie post, predictable I know but is there anything more universal than food? Somehow I doubt it... My first Lagos restaurant (if it can be called that) is more of a little shack somewhere in Lekki Phase 1 called "3 Cousins & A Crook BBQ". I had heard about it multiple times before but just never really felt inclined to visit until Tomi suggested it. I love the name, it sounds like the kind of place you'd go to just to have a good laugh with friends, although I must admit part of me wishes they'd drop the "BBQ" at the end but hey... I can do that all by myself I suppose.

lekki, lagos, restaurant, 3 cousins and a crook

The atmosphere of the place really did not disappoint my imagination, this is possibly the most laid back place I've ever been to in Lagos. I felt like I was on holiday in the middle of Panama or something and had just stepped into some hut that has been around for generations that everyone knows does the "best food in town". You get me right? No?... That's okay too I guess. The decor really follows the whole beach theme with random sea shells and pebbles scattered randomly around the inside... Right now I'm longing for the beach, can you tell?

But the best part about the decor for me was the wood panelling that happy customers had signed on. It reminded me a lot of the breakfast club in London. I even spotted the names of a few people I knew, that was entertaining!

There's a few seats inside but there was such a nice ocean breeze that I couldn't resist sitting on the benches outside under the shade of the trees
It's quite a small restaurant though and there's only about four of these tables but that was fine because we were the only people there anyways, but in a nice way. I did bump into two of my Aunties who were leaving just as I arrived funnily enough, that's just the way Lagos is I guess. But thank you Aunty for suggesting I get my act together and resume blogging again! :)

Seeing as it was just Tomi and I at the restaurant and we didn't order that much food, I was slightly annoyed by the time it took to be served. That killed it a little bit for me but determined not to let that ruin our experience, Tomi and I used the opportunity to have a little photoshoot. Lol. I would have bombarded you with all the pictures but trust me when I say you don't want that!
Hashtag Tomilookingflawless!

Oh you can just about see the restaurant in this picture. Yup, it's that hut like structure behind me. No I'm not joking.
 The food finally arrived and our photos hoot was cut short. We weren't too sad though, it was time for the main attraction. I had the cheeseburger and fries

and Tomi had the Baconator with fries as well.

Am I crazy for being excited that the fries actually looked like someone peeled and cut the potatoes just that day? They're so unevenly shaped and I found that really weird but also somehow very satisfying. The burgers as well have a very "homemade" look to them but they tasted delicious! My only critic would be that the patty could be a little bit smaller. I've had a lot of burgers in my lifetime but this was by far the messiest and trickiest to eat.

When we were done eating I obviously had to join the hall of fame, they tried to tell me they had run out of marker pens... But a particularly helpful guy found me one and I squeezed my name into the first space I found, believe me when I say the place is covered!


I left there with a huge grin on my face and not only because the food was really yummy but also because the price was spectacular! A lovely 2,500 naira (£8-10) for the burger, fries and drink. 

3 Cousins & A Crook is definitely a winner and I'd certainly be back there again soon. Well maybe not so soon because I need to resume my "diet" but you know... 

You can find them opposite B20 Wole Olateju Crescent, Lekki Phase 1. Trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Reni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...