Sunday 27 October 2013

Eeda's Atelier: Chasing Your Dreams

Hey hey hey!
Happy clocks going back day! Haha. There really ought to be a proper term for that. Today in the U.K we gained an extra hour, I love it when the clocks go back, I can sleep for longer and not feel guilty, I go around with a smile on my face the whole day knowing that I've managed to cheat time. I just feel generally great for some reason, 25 hour days are so much better than 24 hour ones let's be real... On second thought I might be a little too excited about this... Such a loser! Lol. Who cares! 

Remember sometime back when I stopped blogging and stuff and I mentioned one of my very good friends Eeda of Eeda's Atelier as part of my motivation for coming back? Well today I want to properly introduce her, prepare to be blown away! Eeda is an up and coming make up artist and I must say she is amazing, not only in her actual artistry but in her work ethic as well, I've seen her work and she is so passionate and dedicated to her craft, it almost makes me want to be a make up artist myself! Well maybe not a make up artist but it makes me want to put in the effort to be amazing at what I do. Okay, enough washing her let's get down to some pictures, I'm sure you're all dying to see! 
This client rocked her look to an engagement party, I especially love the eyes. Oh yes, Eeda did the gele (headpiece) as well.
Another happy client of hers!
She did these lovely bridesmaids too

This client got Nigeria's Independence Day inspired make up. Check the green white green lips!
She did this look for a client shooting a music video for a competition.
Eeda herself! Rocking a goth/vamp look. Aint she beautiful?
Check these different lip prints that she did. Top left: Tiger Skin (my fave!), Top Right: Ombre Lips, Bottom Left: Vamp Lips, Bottom Right: Caviar Lips
Of course being friends with her has its perks, not only did I get to go with her to a photoshoot  and watch her do her thing (more on this later), I got myself a free face beat and boy did she do a great job!

Don't watch that before picture, you KNOW that's not what I look like without make up, her camera is a liar! Lol. I look sick! I don't get it. I keep wondering whether posting this picture is a good idea... It probably isn't.
Here's a close up of the eyes. I'm in love!

Follow her on instagram @eedasateliermua to see more of her work, if Lagos' top MUA Banke Meshida followed her then you know she's a big deal, there's also some haloween make-up coming up soon, you don't want to miss that! Also like her Facebook page, she does personal shopping for people in Nigeria and has some great offers on products. (All round entrepreneur I tell you). I'd leave you guys with a sneak peek on some of the stuff she did at the photoshoot.



Can you imagine that she's mainly self taught as well. Well, she's inspired me to continue chasing my dreams, you never know when it can become your reality! Show her some love people and enjoy the rest of your evening. I hope everyone is ready for the storm that's meant to hit tonight/ tomorrow, stay indoors, stay safe and stay blessed!

P.S. Let's pressure her into starting some online tutorials! What do you guys think?

Reni x


4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!....I'm short of words....Morenike, I love you ������...you're an amazing, super-duper friend..*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy you saw it! Haha. Love you too boo, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. No way!!! Since when?? See what hides behind the doors of the mill!! Lol. Aww she is so talented. Might go get a consultation. And lol @ your statement- "I look sick!". It doesn't look like the you I know hehe. I guess the camera woke up on the wrong side of the..table? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing right?? Haha. You definitely should, she loves doing as many people as she can as well! Looool, that camera was just out to get me! How do I convince my other blog readers that that's not how I look make-up-less! :'( lol x

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...