Friday 7 June 2013

Manicure Madness: Fails of the Month!


With my last exam merely days away one would think I would be a whole lot more focused and spending every spare moment at the books, getting ready to shoot the exam out of the water! And while I am indeed getting ready to go HAM in the exam, I get so frustrated/bored studying the same thing over and over again! Plus it's the weekend and I really just want summer to be here already! 

So I was busy listening to an audio-capture of one of my previous lectures when I realised that I could listen and paint my nails at the same time without being told off by anyone! Not that I've ever tried to do this in an actual lecture, but I can imagine the looks of utter disdain everyone else in the room will be casting me, after all, engineers dont care about those things... Ha, such lies! Or maybe I'm not a proper engineer. The long and short is that I care about my nails and decided to paint them a nice bright colour to get me out of the laziness funk I've been in.

I've been spending some time on pinterest and seeing all sorts of crazy nail art so I decided to give it a go myself. Before you scroll down can I just say that this was kind of an epic fail and I can't wait to have a proper manicure after exams are over!

So this was the beginning of my first attempt. It's called 'Fairy Cake' by 17. I love the colour because it's so pink and girly! Clearly I have a problem with holding the brush still but that's another story! 
This is how it turned out after I tried to add a different colour to it. This was initially meant to be pink and green but the green nail polish was too faint to go over the bold pink properly and since I had already started I decided to go all punk like and rock some black. The black in this picture is called 'Night Shade' also by 17.
This is the green nail polish I was talking about earlier 'Juicy' yet again by 17. Actually pretty much all of my nail polish is by 17! They are a nice budget brand seeing as most times I can't be bothered to do my nails I figured there's no point investing in OPI and the likes... yet. I also really like this colour! This is after two coats though and it's still a bit see through but never mind, its still a winner.
Look how crooked those lines are! Lol. Apparently I was meant to leave the tape on until the polish dried not hastily take it off and hope for magic to happen!
It is nice and straight on my thumb though. Unfortunately I dont remember what this red nail polish was called and I can't seem to find the bottle anywhere! I will update when I do though.
Unfortunately I was very disappointed with my 'watermelon' nails and I decided to just go over the green bits in red instead! I think I should just stick to one colour for a little while but I will definitely be giving these manicures a shot again soon!


P.S. This post has been edited so many times because when I first started writing it I hadn't even had my first exam yet! So I'm sorry if there are some mixed up tenses but I have proof-read it though. I cannot believe I am finally done with exams! All I can think is yipeeeeee! :) So much has happened since I finished on Tuesday, my poor blog can barely keep up with my now fast paced life!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine this weekend!

Ciao, Reni x

4 comments:

  1. Haha I just admire the nail art. I doubt I could recreate the amazing stuff I've seen on blogs an youtube. But at least you tried! The crooked lines could be your own take on the whole design...a personal touch ;) congrats on finishing your exams!

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolzzzzzz my edges look just like that when I'm feeling too lazy to take my time. I know most ladies use a brush to clean their edges, what do you use?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mo! Hahaha, I know right! Let's not call it a fail, let's call it a "new style" hehehe, fab idea! x

      Delete
  2. Haha Candice I've never tried to clean the edges before! I know some people use a bobby pin with some cotton wool on the end but for me the rough edges just usually disappear after I shower/wash my hands a few times! How on earth do they use a brush??

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...