Thursday 13 June 2013

Race For Life!

This year, I'm participating in Cancer Research UK's 'Race for Life' in Hyde Park on the 14th of July. For those who don't know, Race for Life is an incentive by Cancer Research to raise money for research for over 200 types of cancer and it started about 19 years ago. The race is a female only event and participants (like myself) raise money by walking/jogging/running a 5 or 10 kilometre course and asking people for support/sponsorship for doing so. Personally after doing the Manchester Bogle a few months ago, the thought of walking/jogging more than 5k was just unappealing to me so I decided to take part in the 5k and try and run/jog it.

Preparation has been going really well! I've managed to knock a whole three minutes off my time and so I can now complete 5k in about 40 minutes, my first goal was to get down to 39 minutes but if I could get even lower to 35 or so that would be awesome! Gym time! Isn't this such great incentive to go to the gym with your girls and get a killer workout? I wouldn't lie, after the first time I ran a full 5k I was shattered and sore! And the 3-4k stretch is always the most difficult for me mentally but thanks to my awesome running playlist, it's getting better!

But all this good will and training will be for nothing without the help of all you lovely people, I would like to ask you all to donate to this very worthy cause. Think about your daughter, sister, mother, girlfriend or best friend and how finding a long term solution to cancer will help all women and men in the fight against cancer. No amount is ever too small and every single donation is valued, I do hope that you will all give generously after all it has been proven that giving more leads to longer healthier and more prosperous lives! (Okay I made that bit up but as long as you believe, anything is possible!) Please click the link below to get to my donation page and thank you very much in advance!


Hope the week has been going well!
Reni x

2 comments:

  1. Aw wow!! This is such a great cause. You will definitely beat your target :) I'm heading over to your page now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Really appreciate it :) x

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...