Sunday 17 March 2013

Blisters, Chips and Creamy Crack!

Wow, where the heck is March going?? And how on earth was the last time I posted on the 1st of March, I really hate when life gets in the way of my blog lovin. Now I don't even know where to start... Last time I was here it was the day of the Manchester Bogle, well those of you that have me on Facebook know by now that after approximately 13 hours of walking I had only completed 35 of the 55 miles and ended up with blistered feet and a swollen ankle for the better part of the next week! It was crazy intense, I used to think Oxford Road was long but my goodness has anyone tried walking the length of Oldham Road? Of course you haven't, you're not crazy. If anything can break a mans' spirit it's walking down a never ending road, I was going straight for about 2 hours or more! I almost cried! Lol. It was such an experience, a part of me still regrets not finishing but hey! Better luck next time.

Tomi & Super Saiyen Afam
Bogle Survival Kit! Check all the food!
Now on to Insanity, well because of the stupid Bogle! (Only stupid because I didn't finish) I didn't do any insanity the week before the Bogle like I was meant to because we were told not to do any intense exercising and then after the Bogle my ankle was so sore that if I even so much as attempted a jumping jack I would have probably broken it! So that was yet another week off Insanity! I'm so annoyed because I should be starting my final week now but here I am, just about to start Month 2, Week 2. The second month of Insanity is crazy intense, with 60 minute workouts instead of 45 minutes, those extra 15 minutes can really do some damage! I'd put up the results of my last fit test soon! Unfortunately during my 2 week break before month 2 I was really bad with my diet and ate a whole lot of junk, McDonalds and Portland Chippy and the like, I felt so gross! But it wasn't my fault, blame it on engineering! I was basically living at university, going home to sleep for just 4 hours if not less to try and meet a massive deadline. Life was soo messed up at that point, I remember trying to attend a 3 hour lecture after sleeping about 3 hours the night before, ha! Joke of life, I pretty much slept through the whole thing! The worst part is the lecturer is my dissertation supervisor. So awkward! Anyways yesterday I finally went to Asda and stocked up on some REAL food! Abs are made in the kitchen after all! So now I'm meal prepping like a boss!

Last but not least, on Friday after almost 21 weeks, I finally texturised my hair, during the stretch I really really considered going natural! I had already made up my mind to go natural actually but in the last week my hair was frustrating me so much and making me go crazy so I just whipped out the creamy crack and got to texturising. I also air dried my hair for the first time! It didn't turn out half as frizzy as I expected it to be, and I really like that my curl pattern is still defined, I didn't have time to do a length check yet but I'd straighten my hair soon and also update y'all on that. Okay so that's just a quick update on the last 2 weeks. I'd probably go into some more detail on Insanity and my hair status soon but I was tired of missing you guys so I wanted to get this all out.

Ta ta for now,
Reni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...