Tuesday 29 January 2013

Welcome, Welcome!

Oh my goodness! Have you ever tried to think of a blog name? It’s the most difficult thing to do in the whole world! You want to find a name that is personal, yet witty, maybe slightly funny and most of all memorable. Your regular name just wouldn’t do obviously… It has to be quirky, and fun and different! I went through sooo many possible names in varying degrees of awfulness! First the typical ones like “Diary of….” “Musings of…” “Ramblings of…” I even tried to put a French spin on things even though I have no love for the language (blame it on years of cramming tenses into my brain just to get through school) “Vie de Moi” “Le Vie est Belle” etc etc. I could tell my friends were getting tired of me throwing random suggestions in the air so I decided to think inwardly and try and come up with something myself.

Before I fell asleep last night “Awkward Orchid” came to my mind. I liked the way it rhymed, and the orchid is my favourite flower, the white ones to be precise. There’s just something so graceful and elegant about them and they are also pretty unique as far as flowers go. I want to be like the orchid; beautiful, elegant and hard to kill (in spirit) lol. Sadly, as I woke up today and tried to register the name, I found it was taken already… the most painful part of this is that the owner has had it since 2006 but has never put up a single post. **sigh** I even had my first picture ready and everything!
My very first white orchid! ^_^

So here we are, “Lilac Tinted Views” mainly because I used to have purple tinted glasses. But I’d say it’s really because I like to stay optimistic and see the world in pink and purple! Hehe. Welcome to my blog :)

Reni x

P.S: I still also write at Through Hell and High Waters. Just trying to keep things separate! Find me here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...