Wednesday 4 February 2015

Lunchtime Cravings at BBQ (&) Cravings

I'm torturing myself right now so that nobody else would accuse me of only torturing them when I do these food posts that I specifically time to come out around lunch time.. Lol. As I'm about to type this, I haven't yet eaten and I know that this is going to be one hell of a trip down memory lane. Allow me to introduce to you, for the first time on this blog, BBQ Cravings or is it BBQ & Cravings? Who knows.. 

Not that it matters much anyways, this place reminds me a lot of 3 Cousins & A Crook which you may remember me reviewing and for good reason apparently... The person who now owns BBQ (&) Cravings, was allegedly a co-owner of 3 Cousins, perhaps he was the crook? I don't know oooo. Anyways, I went with my girls Deola and Yvonne both of whom you should remember from Coral Blue and Afro-Tech Girls. Funnily enough, this was the meeting that really ironed out a lot of the kinks in the planning of our first competition which I talked a bit about in this post.


The benches are literally the exact ones from 3 cousins and a crook... Maybe my earlier allegation isn't so far fetched after all....

Unfortunately, right now I don't even remember the names of all the burgers we had. They were out of curly fries on the day we went and so we had to stick to regular straight ones, I would have said "boringggg" but the fries were actually really yum with just the right amount of potato crispiness and they came with a really nice sauce, not quite sure what the sauce was.


Now on to my burger, like I said, I don't remember what exactly my burger was called buttt I do know it had a beef patty, sausages and a fried egg. Pretty decadent huh? Well, I meant it to be, it may have been called the 3 stack burger or was it the Old Country? I think it was Old Country, just maybe.

Just look at how the three layers combine, it was awe inspiring I tell ya..
Deola also had the same burger but with a side of ribs and their special rice, which is really good by the way. She was ready to dive into the food, see her fingers working deftly to open the packaging...


But she decided to chill and pose for a picture first, as a cutie... :p



 Nkem had the same ribs as Deola with their special fried rice as her sides. I tried the ribs from both their plates and actually I wasn't really crazy about them. But I suppose they were okay.


Oh disclaimer, we couldn't actually finish ALL our food! There were at least two take away packs of food when we were done. Greed is a sin, so is gluttony. But the food was definitely finger licking good all round!


While they may not make the very tight list of my top 3 ever burgers in the world (Remember that awesome stack from Smoak Bar and Grill? Or the bliss that were the burgers at Solita... I can't say my own homemade burgers come anywhere near though haha.)

I have to say that the food here is pretty good and BBQ (&) Cravings is open for business and in Lagos, you can find them opposite House on the Rock on Salem Road in Lekki (4th/Oando/Chisco Roundabout, whatever you call it), it's really small so drive slowly so you don't miss it. Oh and don't go on a Monday, they wouldn't be there... Welp, I hope I made you guys suffer half as much as typing this on an empty stomach made me! Lol.


Have you been to BBQ (&) Cravings? What was your experience like? Where do you think does the best burgers in Lagos?

1 comment:

  1. I never got a chance to visit 3 cousins and a crook. I need to try this place out, I followed them on Instagram recently and the pictures are always tempting me. What's the pricing like?

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...