Friday 6 February 2015

Bridesmaid Duties Once Again: #IT2014

Honestly, I can't believe how frequently I've been blogging recently, my boss is currently away and so things have been generally less busy at the office. More time for blogging! Yay! Because more often than not, after an exhausting day at work, I just can't bring myself to put my thoughts into words. Anyways, today's post is another wedding one, my cousin Itunu got married to the man of her dreams, Tosin in December and I got to be a bridesmaid at the event. You may remember when I was a bridesmaid back in August at a different cousins wedding, they really opened my bridesmaid market! Haha. And then I attended the wedding of one of my best friends sister's. It's been weddings galore since I moved back and honestly, I don't even go to that many. If you live in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos, you know it's possible to go to a wedding every single weekend!

Anyways back to the koko, she got married in Ibadan and on the morning of the traditional wedding, I took a road trip there with my cousin Tomi and two friends, Funmi and Ore. Truthfully, I was exhausted by the time we got there, exhausted but ready for the turn up! It's hard to describe the colour of the aso-ebi, it was really sparkly and shiny and depending on what you chose to line the fabric, it looked slightly different. The effect was really gorgeous though and the gele was a really lovely coral and goldish colour... Do you know what, I think pictures would make this description easier! 


Do you guys remember my first post ever on 'aso-oke'? It's actually one of my looked at posts via Google.


With my girls Fumilee and OreBaj 
This was actually a candid shot but I really like it, Haha.
Because we were so tired from Lagos, we got to the engagement really super late and had missed the whole ceremony more or less. Luckily I was able to get some food to eat! We went back to the guesthouse and chilled there with the other girlies, recouping and preparing for the white wedding the next day.

I got my make-up done by Tola from Holaspried Makeup the next morning and she did a pretty good job.


I usually don't really like it when MUA's do my face, it always looks somehow to me... Except my favourite Eeda of course, do you remember her from this post? She has improved sooo much and I absolutely love how I look every single time. You guys should follower her on Instagram @eedasateliermua and visit her blog, she's finally posting some make-up tutorials!

After I got my make-up done, disaster struck and the zipper of my dress ripped... I couldn't even be angry or upset. It was just one of those, "why me?" moments. I had to stay behind and miss walking down the church aisle as a tailor was called to sew me into my dress, the only feasible option at that time. By the time he was done and I got to the church, they were already on the main sermon but someone passed me a bouquet and I was able to walk back out of church with them.


At the reception, Tiwa Savage came and gave a performance to the happy couple and I know they had a blast dancing and singing with her. After that things quieted down a bit and stayed quiet till the after party turn up... I don't have any pictures from then though because I got too carried away haha. 




One of my highlights from the whole ceremony though, was being able to take a selfie with the current Minister of Agriculture, Mr Akinwunmi Adesina.


All in all it was a really beautiful ceremony, I'm only sad that I didn't get more pictures of the happy couple. Here are some more pictures from the day and oh yeah, I was sewn into my dress and it looked good as new :)
Me and my cousin Laila, she was wearing the second bridesmaid dress which was in pink/coral
Selfie with MissBaj

My darlings, Adeolu and Ayo slaying!
 Vain moments in my gorgeous dress...





Here's wishing Itunu and Tosin a happy and blessed married life!

1 comment:

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...