Tuesday 6 January 2015

2014 Recap and Looking Forward.

Well first let me start by wishing you a belated but not forgotten HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So I did that thing I always do again, I dropped off the face of the earth. In my poor defence though, this Christmas period was the busiest two weeks of my life, I had a 21st, a 50th, two weddings, 1 engagement and a myriad of Christmas parties. But enough of the excuses, it's a new year. Time to get cracking and boy do we have a lot of catching up to do.

First and foremost, the winner of my 200th Post Ankara Bag giveaway is Deola Shasanya! Thank to everyone that entered, I do appreciate it and I hope Deola loves the bag as much as I loved picking it out for one of you.


Now that that's out of the way I can't start the new year without doing a post on the highlights of 2014 now can I? This blog is roughly divided into like three or four sections, Health (Hair and Fitness), Food (Restaurants and Recipes), Stories and my random musings. Some posts did really well and here's just a small recap of what went right this year..


My short story "For Him, For the World" based on one of Hayden Williams illustrations was one of the best things I put up all of last year, it's my most viewed post of all time since I started this blog and I wonder if I can top that again.

For Him, For the World
While Izanagi was hands down my favourite restaurant experience, the dinner party that Efe and I hosted was one of the most fun and I actually got to spend time in my kitchen, something I seem to rarely do.

Table set and food served at the dinner party
Various Sushi at Izanagi
I haven't put up a hair post in forever and my fitness posts took a slight backseat but incase anyone was wondering, I totally nailed my November challenge, the tripod headstand before the end of the year, my legs could definitely be straighter but I intend on working on that as time goes on, I was just so excited at actually getting up there. I stopped practicing and stretching as much over the holidays but now that my routine has returned I'm going to pick up from where I left off.

Tripod Headstand Progress
I'm looking forward to this new year and all the possibilities it has in store for me, I have a couple of 'resolutions' and I hope I can stick to them. Just doing a little bit everyday should get me to where I want and need to be. I'm going to end this post with a quote I found sometime last year that still inspires me everyday to live my life by the day and not worry about the future too much but to live in the present...

"...Because how we spend our days, is of course, how we spend our lives."
- Annie Dillard

2 comments:

  1. Madam, You still haven't come back to the face of the earth o!
    And I'm waiting for the information about the Dining Concept you talked about in the dinner party post too!
    I really enjoyed your "29 things that make me happy" series and I found your post about Chef Fregz special interesting as I expected you to have more positive words about the food.
    Anyways, Happy New Year, I'm looking forward to more blog posts from you, especially hair and food related ones.

    http://www.tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Tuke! Don't worry, we are staging a potential comeback soon and very soon. Thanks so much for sharing what you liked most about the blog so far, I have A LOT of food posts coming up and one or two on hair! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...