Friday 2 August 2013

July Review And August Goals

Uh oh... It's that time of the month for me again where I confess to you all whether I've been good or bad and made it through the months goals. Writing down my goals really helps to keep me focused on trying to achieve them actually but last month was horrific in terms of goals, I don't think I have a single success :(  I know I didn't set too many goals in the first place but I still failed the ones I did bother making! So I'd run through them quickly and see what needs changing and how I can eventually make it better. 

Mankofit's Eat Clean, Train Dirty challenge
This 30 day challenge really got the better of me and I completely flunked out from like day 6! I just found eating as clean as her a little bit too challenging and only lasted about 5/6 days! Lol. I have tried to implement some of the things in my usual diet though like no fizzy drinks/sweets and eating more fish as well. The training dirty part wasn't too bad and I enjoyed most of her workouts but then I fell ill the day before Race for Life (imagine that!!) and completely fell off the wagon, both eating and working out!

Race for Life
It kills me to say that I did NOT complete Cancer Research UK's Race for Life. Literally the day before or 2 days before I fell really quite ill and couldn't make it on the last train to London on the Saturday before the race and there were no early enough trains on the day even though I was feeling better which really sucked. But thank you to everyone that donated and I'm sorry I disappointed you :(

Hair
I finally posted my most recent hair regimen and I'm so glad I did! Special thank you to Ibiyemi, Candice (Healthy Hair Diary) and Mo (Within My Locket) for their amazing advice, it's so lovely to be able to share with other people on the same journey as you, especially when the road gets tough! Thanks ladies I will definitely be implementing some of the advice I got and soon too!

So those were my three July goals... All failed...*sigh* Actually no, i posted my regimen before the month ran out so that counts as a success! Yay! *happy dance* For August I've decided to try something a little different and do weekly goals instead of monthly, I got the idea from Candice and I think it's a great idea to keep goals bite size and make them easier to achieve! So.. My goals for the week (until the 9th of August) are...


  • Try out a new hair regimen with more moisture and see how it works
  • Drink 1.5 litres of water a day
  • Workout 4 or more times a week
  • Start typing my literature review (dissertation chapter 1)
What are some of your goals for the week/month? Drop me a link in the comments box, I'd love to read them!

Reni x

2 comments:

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...