Wednesday 29 May 2013

Much Ado About Ariana Grande (Also Featuring Wale, Ciara and Cece Winans)

Wow, I can't believe it's creeping up to three weeks since I was last on here! So so strange, but I trust that you, my lovelies, understand about the current exam season! It's funny because I've started and stopped writing so many posts to update you guys on anything going on but the posts always felt kind of weird... I guess I just haven't been feeling as talkative lately. Anyways, now that it's exactly 7 days till I see the end of this current exam season and the last 'exam season' of my whole life (See that daddy? No more school fees, ever!), I must say that I'm more than a little excited! Forget the fact that my next exam is sooner than I care to admit, I can practically taste the freedom!

This is going to be a relatively short post on what has gotten me through these particular strenuous times, music! In particular Ariana Grande! How on earth am I only just discovering her? Oh you don't know who she is? Allow me the pleasure of educating you! (can you tell how excited I am? I'm not sure this is normal) Ariana Grande is a singer/actress most famously known for her role on the Disney show Victorious amongst other things but let's skip the history lesson, you can go to her Wiki page for that. This girls voice is di-vine! I don't know how else to describe it really.. I've always been a sucker for the cheesy R&B/Pop songs think Mariah Carey, Britney Spears etc but then those two have long since stopped making truly awesome music so I've had to find compensation in all sorts of other genres, until I found Ariana. Her voice is phenomenal, plus she can hit the "Mariah" note! *sigh* awesomeness.. Actually, I'm just going to stop going on about her and post a couple of videos for you to enjoy!

The first one is my current fave! A cover she did to Justin Bieber's "Die in Your Arms", sadly I've never even heard Bieber's version, I just thought it was her song tbh.


And this one is her first single off her upcoming album Daydreamin' called "The Way"

These two songs have been on repeat since I discovered her over the weekend. What do you guys think? Did you catch the bug too or am i just a weirdo? Let me know, let me know!

Seeing as I couldn't make a whole post about just Ariana Grande I decided to give out honorable mentions to a few other people!

Wale for Love Hate Thing

Ciara for Body Party (Her and Future are SO cute in this video!)


CeCe Winans for No One


and my entire Afrobeats playlist of course! Nothing gets me out of a boredom funk faster than some Wizkid or DRB!

There's so much more to say but I will save it for now, the blog will be back to running full schedule soon whatever that was!, bear with me as I attempt to slay these final exams and to everyone that still in the same boat as me or having to meet some deadline or the other, good luck! God's got us!

Reni x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! (Probably for the umpteenth time! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly! Thank you though! Five more days till freedom!! x

      Delete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...