Monday 28 July 2014

A Surprise at Metisse

You see, this is what happens when you stay away indefinitely from your blog... You get rusty and then when trying to make a come back you figure you've forgotten the names of all the yummy delicious things you ate AND took pictures of just for the sake of the blog! I really was in quite a pickle here as to whether to share or not but then looking at the pictures made my tummy rumble and I practically started salivating. Truth be told, I haven't really eaten much today and it's well after "responsible eating" hours so maybe that has something to do with it.

But anyhow, sometime in the month of June it was my friend Robie's birthday and her boyfriend turned fiance Chris threw her a small surprise dinner, which I thought was one of the sweetest things ever. The date and time were set and the restaurant was Metisse. Now if you're anything like I was back then "Metisse" means nothing to you. Chris described it as "the restaurant on Etim Inyang Crescent in V.I, above Chocolat Royale" and I immediately responded "That's Cafe Royale" like the ITK that I am. Lol. Turns out Cafe Royale isn't the only thing above Chocolat Royale and there IS actually a teeny tiny Pan-Asian restaurant towards the back and it IS called Metisse! Look at that, mind. blown. Haha.

Side note: I'm a little pissed because I've written this post twice now but the silly thing keeps not saving, been having problems with my internet. Hopefully this is the last time I'm going to have to type this!

So as I was saying, the bad thing with staying away is that you forget what all the yummy food was called but I do remember a lot about the service though, maybe because it was quite good! Certainly what I would expect from such a place, the waiters were present and alert, we never had to look around for them talk less of stand up to go and meet them as I've had to do in some places! There was a piano in the corner churning out sweet melodies, you know the kind with the ghost pianist so the keys look like they're being played. And the manager went over and above his call of duty when Robie insisted that she wanted to have candles to blow out on her cake. All in all it was a really lovely evening out and so now on to some pictures of the yummy food whose names I've forgotten. Which reminds me, I'm reading this book called "We Need New Names" by NoViolet Bulawayo, it's quite interesting so far, review once I'm done.

Some yummy looking spring rolls (?) with a thai sweet chilli sauce

Chicken Satay!

Special Fried Rice

Yummy butterfly prawns, can you tell that one is missing from the plate? Someone was too eager before I got the chance to take the picture!

I think this was some Malay beef but I'm not 100% sure!

One of Robbie's birthday cakes.

I know she was definitely surprised to see us at Metisse that evening and we all had an amazing time and drank too much champagne on a work night! But life is for the living and any and everything goes when a worthy celebration is involved!

I love that I love blogging again! Already thinking of my next few posts! Haha!

Bisous,
Reni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...