Saturday 1 February 2014

Read with Reni: Bloggers Book Club, Re-Introductions

*Pinch, punch, first of the month* to all of you my lovely readers! I hope January was an amazing start to the year for you and it's set the tone for the rest of the months ahead. If you remember, I very randomly decided to start an online bloggers book club "Read With Reni" but I didn't really put much thought into the structure of it at the time. Partly because I was having a "Eureka!" moment and didn't want to ruin it by overthinking things! Haha. So anyways, now I've had the chance to sit down and think about how I'd like things to go this year so here we are, formally re-introducing "Read with Reni" with all the bits and bobs attached!

What is it?
Well, it's simple really, it's an online book club open to any and everybody that like me, sometimes just wants to get lost in the pages of a great book. We'd be reading one book a month and on the first of every month, I'd put up a review of sorts of the previous month's book. I say "of sorts" because personally, I hate spoilers! My review might be in the form of a short story the book inspired me to write, or some part of the book that really struck a chord with me. It would not always be a structured typical review so I promise it would have as little spoilers as possible, for the sake of the people who might not have finished reading it yet.

What do you have to do?
Absolutely nothing! Well except read of course, and that itself is optional. There's no pressure to join and nothing to subscribe to. If you've read a particular book and want to share a review on your own blog then that's great! I'd have an open link-up at the end of each of my reviews so we can all share our thoughts! And if of course you don't have a blog, you can drop as many comments as you want. I'd always be there for related discussions etc. 

When do we start?
NOW! It's a little impromptu but why wait another day? We've already missed January!

And possibly the most important question...
What shall we be reading?
I'm going to try and make the choices as mixed and diverse as possible, reason being I really want to widen my horizons. It would mostly be a mix of classic, modern and african literature and I'd announce the books at the beginning of every quarter of the year. There would be three 'Readers Choice' months in April, August and December where readers get to decide through a poll what books they would like to read that month. More info on that later.

The books for this first quarter are
February: And the Mountains Echoed- Khaled Hosseini
March: Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
April: Readers Choice- TBC


I hope you guys are as excited as I am for this to get properly underway. I can't wait to get tucked in to Khaled Hosseini's amazing writing this month. If you would like to suggest a book to be in the poll for the "Readers Choice" months feel free to drop a comment or send me an email at lilactintedviews[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and an even better month!

Reni xx

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway! There's another winner to be announced tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...